WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the world must prepare for the next pandemic.
He spoke while attending the 76th World Health Assembly and presenting a report on Tuesday. He said, it seems that the outbreak of coronavirus is over in the world, but it is not. There remains the possibility of another attack. Besides, there is also the possibility of spreading a virus more deadly than Corona. News – NDTV.
We must be ready to act decisively, collectively and equitably when the next pandemic strikes, he added.
Earlier this month, the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus pandemic no longer a ‘global health emergency’. The first corona was detected in China in December 2019.